Vizhub editor output window not accessible?

Hey there, newbie here, I am working on a project for the SVG fundamentals in the Data Vis course. I am able to access the editor and edit code and it gets applied to the page element but I can’t scroll around the page window. It was working before then stopped, even after reloading vizhub. Don’t know what I’m doing wrong, hope this makes sense haha

Can you link to the project?

Is it something like overflow: hidden; in a stylesheet that’s hiding the scroll bars?

Indeed, sharing a link to it or screenshots would help a lot.

It sounds like the change is inside the running viz itself? If I understand you correctly, the output updates, but you can’t scroll within the output? In that case it might be something in your code that is disabling the scroolbars, as @pkdvalis suggests.

Thanks for the replies, the issue seems to have “fixed itself” that is, I don’t think there was anything about my code that I changed that affected it. But what do I know.

Anyway this is my project, I’ve had the idea that a good goal to work on while learning programming would be to make a simple multiplayer boggle type word game. Seems possible while requiring the need to learn a lot of basics. This is a first static model of the dice matrix that would display the letters. In doing this I’ve found myself wondering if there is a way in html to assign svg elements to a variable and then using a loop to print them to the DOM to avoid a lot of the hardcoding. Maybe that’s where the javascript comes in?

2 Likes

That’s exactly it. You can read a bit about that here: https://www.w3schools.com/html/html_scripts.asp

Ok, good to know, thank you!

Very nice! Thanks for sharing.

It may well be a bug in VizHub itself. I’m working on a new version of it which should smooth over the various issues. It’s WIP but you can see it in action here

I’m actively looking for beta testers! If anyone here is interested please join the Discord:

1 Like